EDUCARE IN AMERICA
A perfect choice if you want to take your studies more seriously
As an eduCare companion, you will take care of school-aged children, which means that the childcare that you will provide will usually only be before and after school. This is great as it allows you the opportunity to focus more on your studies!
EduCare companions provide 30 hours of childcare per week in return for a minimum of US$146.81 weekly stipend plus room and board. Your host family will provide an annual study contribution of up to US$1000 and you will need to study at least 6 hours per week during term time. To meet the educational requirement, you may need to supplement the education allowance with your own money, so plan carefully.
The course you select will depend on the educational opportunities in your community and your work schedule. For information about education in the USA, click here and follow the links to your state. Living with an American host family as an eduCare companion not only introduces you to American culture and lifestyle, you will get to know so many other cultures through the friends you make during your stay. You will be one of over 4000 au pairs from more than 60 countries who travel to America each year with Au Pair in America. A real cultural exchange experience!
YOU CAN APPLY IF YOU
- Are aged between 18 – 26 years
- Love children and have at least 200 hours of non-family practical childcare experience gained within the last 3 years
- Hold a full driving license and consider yourself a confident driver
- Are a secondary school graduate or equivalent
- Have a good standard of spoken English
- Have no criminal record
- Have no spouse or dependents
- Want to spend a year living with an American family