* Kitchen Assistant
* Reception and Bellperson - (some conversational Japanese is required)
* Housekeeping and room cleaning
* Skiing/snowboarding instructor for children (children will be grouped in ages 3 - 6 and 7-13)
* Ryokan - a traditional Japanese hotel with hot spring (some conversational Japanese is required)
Most jobs will require you to work evening and weekends. Hospitality workers are normally rostered on 5-6 times a week at 8 hours per shift. Work hours can vary and can start as early as 5:30am. Evening shifts may run until 23:00.
Ski instructor for children are generally 8am to 5pm, including weekends and public holidays. In total you should expect 6-8 days off per month with no days off during peak season (Christmas/New Year).
Flexibility is required when it comes to working hours and shifts. Overtime is common in Japan.
In order to apply for Winter Work Japan you must meet the following criteria:
* 18-30 by the time when visa is applied for
* Meet the requirements under the Japanese Working Holiday Visa
* High School graduate or equivalent
* no tattoos in areas that are not easily coverable with clothes, such as face or hands (if you have tattoos, please let us know).
You will be paid the minimum wage which varies by prefecture. In Nagano it is ¥908, ¥854 in Iwate, ¥920 in Hokkaido). Hourly rates can increase up to ¥1500 depending on experience.
Yes, staff housing is included for duration of your contract. You will be required to pay the costs of your housing. Monthly rent is deducted from the salary and ranges between 5000-35,000 JPY.
The jobs that are offered as part of Winter Work Japan are primarily filled by travellers just like you! They are travelling alone and will be wanting to find friends as well. You will find that you will naturally find friends among those with whom you work and live.
Winter Work Japan offers participants with the following benefits:
Winter Work Japan does not include flights,insurance or visa costs. We work with Flight Centre who can offer competitive fares for Winter Work Japan participants. Please contact us for details about insurance options.