How To Apply
Start your ONLINE AIFS APPLICATION. The Application will take around 10-20 minutes to complete. You will then receive a call from one of our consultants to confirm receipt, explain the next steps and give you access to THE HUB - AIFS' Au Pair online database.
Make your First Payment of $350, which must be paid prior to interviewing Au Pairs.
- Online via Credit Card
- EFT/ direct deposit
Account name: American Institute for Foreign Study (Australia) Pty Ltd
Bank name: ANZ Bank
Bank Account No.: 498119999
BSB No.: 012 140
- In person – visit our centrally located office – 10-14 Oxford Square, Darlinghurst (close to Hyde Park)
- Payment by phone – we can take payment by phone between 10am – 4pm on 1300 889 067
(This can be uploaded to your application or emailed to us)
Please write a letter addressed to your prospective Au Pair describing some of the following:
- The members of your family, your professional life, family activities and interests
- The care needs of your children, their behaviour patterns, their routines, school and social activities
- Why would you like to host an Au Pair?
- What are your expectations of hosting an Au Pair?
- The experience your family has had with other cultures
- Your home and the room that will be provided to your Au Pair
- Specific household rules that you will expect your Au Pair to follow
- Briefly describe the social and cultural opportunities in your community for a young adult from overseas
- Your community, distance, accessibility to your nearby major city and things to do/attractions
- If you have a child with special needs, describe them and the care you expect your Au Pair to provide
- If you have a secondary home or holiday house, describe where it is in relation to your primary home, frequency of visits and whether you expect your Au Pair to accompany you.
- Does your family maintain religious, cultural practices or dietary restrictions of which the Au Pair would be made aware of?
Submit via your online application or by email a Family Photo Collage – Please limit your photo uploads to a maximum of 3 files. Files should be no larger than 1MB. We suggest that you include photos of the following:
- Photos of the Host Family (including host parents, children, & family pets)
- Photo of the Au Pair’s bedroom and/or bathroom
- Photo of the Host Family’s living area
Start to prepare an Au Pair Schedule/Roster using the template provided by AIFS.
Gather the paperwork you’ll need including the two Personal references.
Complete your Australian Federal Police check ("AFP"). Completing this check is a requirement for every person aged of 18 or over that will be living in your household during your Au Pair's placement. The current costs of the AFP check is $42.00. Please note that your Au Pair's placement will be confirmed only when AIFS receives the original AFP certificates.