How To Apply
Start your ONLINE AIFS APPLICATION. The Application will take around 10-20 minutes to complete. You will then receive a call from one of our consultants to confirm receipt, explain the next steps and give you access to THE HUB - AIFS' Au Pair online database.
Make your First Payment of $350, which must be paid prior to interviewing Au Pairs.
- Online via Credit Card
- EFT/ direct deposit
Account name: American Institute for Foreign Study (Australia) Pty Ltd
Bank name: ANZ Bank
Bank Account No.: 498119999
BSB No.: 012 140
- In person – visit our centrally located office – 10-14 Oxford Square, Darlinghurst (close to Hyde Park)
- Payment by phone – we can take payment by phone between 10am – 4pm on 1300 889 067
(This needs to be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please write a Host Family letter addressed to your prospective Au Pair describing some of the following:
- The members of your family, your professional life, family activities and interests
- The care needs of your children, their behaviour patterns, their routines, school and social activities
- Why would you like to host an Au Pair?
- What are your expectations of hosting an Au Pair?
- The experience your family has had with other cultures
- Your home and the room that will be provided to your Au Pair
- Specific household rules that you will expect your Au Pair to follow
- Briefly describe the social and cultural opportunities in your community for a young adult from overseas
- Your community, distance, accessibility to your nearby major city and things to do/attractions
- If you have a child with special needs, describe them and the care you expect your Au Pair to provide
- If you have a secondary home or holiday house, describe where it is in relation to your primary home, frequency of visits and whether you expect your Au Pair to accompany you.
- Does your family maintain religious, cultural practices or dietary restrictions of which the Au Pair would be made aware of?
Submit via email a Family Photo Collage – Please limit this file to one and be no larger than 1MB. You can also add this to your Host Family letter.
We suggest that you include photos of the following:
- Photos of the Host Family (including host parents, children, & family pets)
- Photo of the Au Pair’s bedroom and/or bathroom
- Photo of the Host Family’s living area
Start to prepare an Au Pair Schedule/Roster using the template provided by AIFS.
Arrange for the two Personal references, using the link provided. Online Reference form
Complete your National Criminal Check. Completing this check is a requirement for every person aged of 18 or over that will be living in your household during your Au Pair's placement. The current costs of the check is $42.00. Please note that your Au Pair's placement will be confirmed only when your checks are completed.