Applications are currently open for August 2020 onwards.
Due to COVID-19 we understand you may be unsure whether to start the search for your next au pair. AIFS Au Pair have therefore introduced special conditions to assist families with their planning.
In the event that a 2020 placement cannot commence due to Australian border restrictions relating to COVID-19, AIFS Au Pair will refund 100% of the Placement Fee for placements scheduled to start in the period July 1, 2020 December 31, 2020. No refund is applicable to the Service Fee.
We are unable to confirm the reccommencement date of inbound flights to Australia however AIFS is closely monitoring government updates and will inform both parties of any change that will impact on the placement start date, in addition to confirming your Au Pair’s flight date prior to their scheduled arrival.
Start the online application by clicking on APPLY NOW at the bottom of this page and make the FIrst payment of $350. The Application will take around 10-20 minutes to complete. You will then receive a call from one of our consultants to confirm receipt, explain the next steps and give you access to THE HUB - AIFS' Au Pair online database.
(This can be upload at the time of your application or emailed to us)
Please write a letter addressed to the Au Pair describing some of the following:
- The members of your family, your professional life, family activities and interests
- The care needs of your children, their behaviour patterns, their routines, school and social activities
- Why would you like to host an Au Pair?
- What are your expectations of hosting an Au Pair?
- The experience your family has had with other cultures
- Your home and the room that will be provided to your Au Pair
- Specific household rules that you will expect your Au Pair to follow
- Briefly describe the social and cultural opportunities in your community for a young adult from overseas
- Your community, distance, accessibility to your nearby major city and things to do/attractions
- If you have a child with special needs, describe them and the care you expect your Au Pair to provide
- If you have a secondary home or holiday house, describe where it is in relation to your primary home, frequency of visits and whether you expect your Au Pair to accompany you.
- Does your family maintain religious, cultural practices or dietary restrictions of which the Au Pair would be made aware of?
Submit your Family Photo Collage. This can be uplaoded at the time of your application or emailed to us. Please limit your collage to files, with no file is larger than 1MB.
- Photos of the Host Family (including host parents, children, & family pets)
- Photo of the Au Pair’s bedroom and/or bathroom
- Photo of the Host Family’s living area
Start to prepare an Au Pair Schedule/Roster. This can be weekly or monthly. (see download section)
Gather the paperwork you’ll need including the two references (see download section) .
Complete the online National Police Check application for every person over the age of 18 living in your household. The cost is $42 per application.
Regularly login to The Hub to view Au Pair profiles.