Other Costs to Consider
- Full board and accommodation must be provided to the Au Pair for the full duration of the placement.
- The weekly stipend for Au Pair CLASSIC and PLUS Au Pairs is a minimum of $195 for up to 24 hours/week, and a minimum of $255 for 24-35 hours/week;
- The weekly pocket money for Au Pair PLATINUM Au Pairs is a minimum of $295 for up to 35 hours/week;
- Completion Bonus: Your Au Pair will care for your children for a period of 6 months under a cultural exchange program model. Upon completion of a 6 month placement your Au Pair will received from you a Completion Bonus of $300 and one week’s paid time off (or paid the equivalent in pocket money) during or upon completion of the 6 months. A 9 month placement will receive the same as a 6 month placement with an additional one week’s paid time off (two weeks total) at the end of the 9 month mark (or paid the equivalent in pocket money);
- One-way transport from Sydney to the Host Family's home. For interstate families this may include a bus, air or train ticket and any other necessary transfer costs;
- Online National Criminal Police check for every person aged 18 years or older who will be residing in your household during the Au Pair's placement. The cost of the check is $42.00;
- The Au Pair must be paid the minimum weekly stipend during periods when your family is travelling or on holidays. This payment is required regardless of whether your Au Pair accompanies your family;
- The Au Pair must be included on your car insurance policy if they will be using your car.
Payment may be made by cheque, direct debit or credit card.
Payment of the placement fee is due 14 days after a placement has been confirmed by AIFS. Payment is required prior to the commencement of the Au Pair's placement with your Family.