Who Can Apply?
To be a great Au Pair you must be motivated, open-minded and of course love spending time with children! The term 'au pair' means 'on par' or equal, which is exactly what you will be – an equal member of your host family. Au pairs are international visitors who, on a J-1 Visitor Exchange visa, live with an American host family of their choice for a minimum of 12 months whilst caring for their children.
If you meet all of our program requirements, then register by clicking on the 'Apply' button! If you currently do not meet all of the program requirements, then contact your local Au Pair in America interviewer to discuss what you need to do to obtain the missing requirements. We help over 4,000 young people each year from all around the world to live their American dream. You can be next!
You can apply if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 to 26 years old upon arrival in the US
- Have a minimum of 200 hours of non-family childcare experience
- Have a valid driving license and clean driving record (P plates are fine)
- Have completed high school or an equivalent certificate (Cert III or higher)
- Have never been convicted of a criminal offence
- Are of in good physical and mental health
- Are unmarried with no dependents
- Happy to commit to spending a year in the USA