The American Institute for Foreign Study (Australia) Pty Ltd opened its Australian office in 1999 to offer young Australians its Camp America and Au Pair in America programs. In January 2005 AIFS acquired the inbound operations of CIEE (Australia) and opened our Sydney office and student centre. This centre supports 3000 young people who participate on an AIFS program into our out from Australia.
This year AIFS celebrates its 50 years of offering cultural exchange programs around thew world.
- Camp America
- Au Pair in America
- AIFS Volunteer
- Work & Travel Australia
- Professional Internship Australia
- AIFS Au Pair in Australia
- AIFS Travel
- To provide the highest quality educational and cultural exchange programs
- To enrich the lives of people throughout the world
- Excellence in programs, operations and people
- Exceptional caring support for our program participants
- Honest, equitable and non-discriminatory treatment of program participants, partners, and employees
- Teamwork and collaboration both within the organization and with partners
- Encouragement of employee initiative and professional development
- Responsible financial stewardship
- Support of multi-cultural values
Why choose AIFS?
The opportunity and need for enhanced global understanding is greater now than ever. AIFS cultural exchange programs encourage young people from all over the world to better understand and embrace each other’s qualities, their similarities and their differences. Participants will learn vital language skills, become more culturally aware, will meet new people, explore new places with the opportunity to add an international dimension to their CV.
In fact, our strength lies in providing AIFS program participants with the educational edge they need to succeed in a highly competitive, diverse and interdependent world.
Our staff understand the challenges, rewards and benefits associated with overseas study, work and travel. They themselves may have lived or studied in another country, some are multi-lingual, but each is happy to share their invaluable experience and knowledge with you every step of the way!
Located throughout Australia and supporting the Camp America, Camp America Work Adventures and Au Pair in America programs, is a national network of trained interviewers and coordinators. Each is a past participant with their part-time role being to interview, inform and ultimately assess all applicants as part of the application process.