The American Institute for Foreign Study (Australia) Pty Ltd opened its Australian office in 1999 and begun offering young Australians its Camp America and Au Pair in America programs. In 2005 commenced offering inbound programs and currently faciltates cultural exchange programs for close to 3000 young people.
AIFS programs include:
- Camp America & Au Pair in America
- Global Project
- Work & Travel Australia
- AIFS Au Pair
- AIFS Travel
- To provide the highest quality educational and cultural exchange programs
- To enrich the lives of people throughout the world
- Excellence in programs, operations and people
- Exceptional caring support for our program participants
- Honest, equitable and non-discriminatory treatment of program participants, partners, and employees
- Teamwork and collaboration both within the organization and with partners
- Encouragement of employee initiative and professional development
- Responsible financial stewardship
- Support of multi-cultural values
Why Choose AIFS?
The opportunity and need for enhanced global understanding is greater now than ever. AIFS cultural exchange programs encourage young people from all over the world to better understand and embrace each other’s qualities, their similarities and their differences. Participants will learn vital language skills, become more culturally aware, will meet new people, explore new places with the opportunity to add an international dimension to their CV.
In fact, our strength lies in providing AIFS program participants with the educational edge they need to succeed in a highly competitive, diverse and interdependent world.
In Australia we have a national network of trained interviewers and coordinators making up our Camp America and Au Pair in America teams.
Our inbound team understand the challenges, rewards and benefits associated with overseas study, work and travel. Experienced in cultural exchange the team includes fluent speakers in Italian, German, Japanese, Macedonian and Spanish.
An Industry Leader
AIFS is an active member of the International Au Pair Association (IAPA), a founding member of the Cultural Au Pair Association of Australia (CAPAA) and an active member of ATEC - Australian Tourism Export Council, BOA and WYSE. AIFS' Managing Director, Wendi Aylward currently serves as CAPAA’s President and is on the ATEC youth advisory panel, BYTAP.